COVID-19 POLICIES IN EFFECT
We are following the directives of the NS dept of Health, our regulatory boards, and professional associations.
To provide safe treatment we will be asking you to do the following:
- On booking an appointment you will be screened for Covid-19 as per the Nova Scotia Dept. of Health guidelines over the phone.
- A screening questionnaire will be e-mailed to you to complete again 24 hours before your appointment, and again by your therapist upon entering the clinic. Please let us know if you have visited the Halifax area since your last visit to the clinic – we will ask you some further questions to ensure you have not visited a high-risk location as identified by the province.
- You will be asked to wear a non-medical mask.
- You may use the waiting room as long as there are no more than 2 people in the waiting room. Only bring with you what is essential. No companions unless care-takers or guardians. Please do not come early, and please respect social distancing.
- You will have to wash or sanitize your hands immediately upon arrival, before your appointment.
- We will ask you to respect social distancing of 2 metres.
- We are no longer taking cash. Contactless cards are preferred.
- We will ask for an up to date e-mail so we can send you the Covid questionnaire before the treatment and also an e-mail reminder for your appointment.
- We will e-mail you a receipt instead of giving you a paper copy.
We are cleaning everything between appointments and allowing each therapist an extra 15 mins between appointments to do this.
We are also keeping a few appointments available if you feel you are at risk and would like to come when the clinic is quiet.
We are continuing to offer tele-health visits for physiotherapy.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again and assure you we are doing everything we can to keep you safe.
Shoulder bursitis and tendonitis
Osteoarthritis of the hip and knee
Headaches and migraines
Vertigo and dizziness
Post concussion syndrome
TMD (TemperoMandibular joint Disorder) and facial pain
Pelvic and abdominal pain (that have been medically investigated).
Urinary Stress incontinence
Chronic pain syndromes
Post MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident) and whiplash
Pre and post partum
Hiatus hernia and reflux and digestive issues
Paediatric (babies and children)
Birth trauma and colic
Recurrent ear infection (otitis media)
"The greatest wealth is health."
– Virgil (70 BCE – 19 BCE)
We feel that by combining different therapy approaches we can collaborate to provide you with more efficient and effective treatments that can help you meet your health goals. Our approach to health recognizes the importance of body, mind and spirit for well-being. Our goal is to treat the cause of the problem rather than just the symptoms, and provide you with education and self-management in order for you to achieve your health goals.